Election & Election Officials

The official polling place for Langdon's registered voters is the Municipal Building at 122, Rte 12A.

Annual Town Meeting is held at the Langdon Town Hall, also known as the Meeting House, at 4 Walker Hill Road. Town Meeting is held on the second Tuesday in March at 7:00 PM.

Town Moderator: Jeffrey Holmes.

Checklist Supervisors: 

Who can register?
New Hampshire residents who will be 18 years of age or older on election day, and a United States Citizen, may register with the town or city clerk where they live up to 10 days before any election. You may also register on election day at the polling place. The town clerk's office can inform voters of what proof of qualification they should bring to register.

There is no minimum period of time you are required to have lived in the state before being allowed to register. You may register as soon as you move into your new community.

How to Register.

  1. Apply to your town or city clerk's office. You will be required to fill out a standard voter registration form and will be required to show proof of age, citizenship and domicile.
  2. You may also register with your community's Supervisors of the Checklist. By law they are required to meet on the Saturday 10 days prior to each election. Check the local newspaper(s) or call your clerk's office for the date and time of such meeting.
  3. Qualified individuals may also register to vote at the polling place on Election Day at all elections. You will be asked to show proof of age, citizenship, and domicile.

Absentee Ballots.

To obtain an absentee ballot you must be on the voter checklist and complete an application. The absentee ballot application must be signed by the voter and include a mailing and Alton physical address, if different. Applications can be picked up at the Town Clerk's office or you can mail a request that includes the above information.

After the application is completed, the ballot will be mailed or handed to the voter. Nobody can pick a ballot up for another person. The completed ballot can be mailed to the Town Clerk's office or brought back by the applicant. Absentee ballots will be accepted in person until 5:00pm the night before an election or by mail on election day.

Positions up for election and list of incumbents, click here.

Declaring candidacy for election o public office: Apply in person at the office of the Town Clerk

For complete New Hampshire voting information.