First settled in 1773 by Seth Walker, Langdon was incorporated on January 11, 1787, when it was named after Governor John Langdon. The town is home to the Prentiss Bridge, the shortest covered bridge in New Hampshire. Built across Great Brook in 1874, the lattice truss span has a length of 34 feet 6 inches (10.5m). Langdon's Meeting House, completed in 1803, has held more consecutive annual Town Meetings than any other in New Hampshire. March 9, 2010 will be the 207th such meeting.